I decided I needed a little "travel" pincushion that I could take from room to room when I wanted to hand-sew something. So I thought a cute little pillow to contain my pins would be a good idea.
My first attempt at this pincushion didn't go as well as I'd hoped. The topstitch was a disaster with skipped stitches and bunching.
After perusing the internet, looking for other examples, I decided that forgoing the topstitch was the right thing to do. Plus, I learned from this tutorial, that I should use buttons on both sides of the pillow along with some embroidery floss to pull the buttons together. I love learning new things!
Here's a view of the backsides of both pincushions. Ahh, that tricky hand-stitched closing needs work...
Well, it was fun practice. And it least they'll be useful. Mom, if you want one of these, you know you can have one!
I'm happy to be linking up here today: